Summer - Winter 2018/2019
Exhibitions, lectures, performances
- Exhibition of PYRAMIDION in the Town Hall of the 13th arrondissement, Paris, FR. Until May 14.
- Speeches with Alain Chamfort, Anggun, Archimède, Axelle Red, ... Blankass, Joyce for the adaptation of copyrights to the new uses by GAFA, European Parliament. April 17.
- Installation of PYRAMIDION on May 15 next to the WALKING MAN by Giacometti at the UNESCO HQ. This interactive luminous artwork is selected to celebrate the first International Day of Light on May 16. UNESCO, 7 place Fontenoy, Paris, FR.
- For the European Night of Museums, everybody is welcome at UNESCO and can illuminate PYRAMIDION to the beat of her/his heart (free access, from 8pm to midnight). UNESCO, 7 place Fontenoy, Paris, FR. May 19.
- Lecture "Inevitable Touch" about my work. Honored to be 1 of the 8 speakers on "Women's Achievements, Professional Attainments", International Conference MoMoWo, Women’s Creativity since the Modern Movement. "Lingotto" branch of Politecnico di Torino, Via Nizza 236, Turin, IT. June 15.
- Birth of PYRAMIDION TWIN in front of Trinity House in the framework the London Festival of Architecture whose theme is "Identity" and to celebrate the International Day of Women in Engineering. Trinity Square, London, UK. From 7 pm to midnight (with a British surprise at 21:21). June 23.
- PHARES BOAT PARTY for the PHARES donors and partners with PYRAMIDION overlooking the Obelisk of Place de la Concorde on a boat, Port de Solférino, Paris, FR. On invitation only. From 7 pm to midnight. June 27.
- Public interactions with PYRAMIDION TWIN . Trinity House, Trinity Square, London, UK. June 23, 29 and September 14 (for the Heritage Open Days 2018 whose the theme is "Extraordinary women" and for European Heritage Days whose the theme is "Art to share") and September 22 (for the London Open House Day). Free access, from 7 pm to midnight. On the other evenings of this summer, the artwork starts automatically lighting up with the sunset.
- Lecture for the FR-USA Fontainebleau Schools 2018 whose theme is "Liberty & Chaos", Fontainebleau, FR. July 28.
- Dialogue between the PYRAMIDIONS of London and of Paris for the European Heritage Days, UK & FR. From 7 pm to midnight. September 14.
- Visit of M.D.R., Lycée Sainte-Marie de Neuilly, Neuilly-sur-Seine, FR. Inscription necessary. 5 pm, on October 11.
filmmaker Agnès Jaoui, the philosopher Manon Garcia, the sculptress Milène Guermont and the writer Tania de Montaigne after the projection of the documentary FUCKING IN LOVE by the videographer Justine Pluvinage, and before a reading by the actress Lou Doillon of THE ORIGIN OF THE WORD written by the author Liv Strömquist.
- Round-table « Finding the ways to create » led by Pierre Naquin (founder of AMA) for FRAME. 55 rue Bellechase, Paris, FR. October 18, 6 pm.
- Talk "To create the city from the clouds: towards a climatic urbanism?" with Clémence Béchu (Director of the development and Associate of the architecture agency AAB) and Milène Guermont (Artist & Engineer) animated by Vincent Pavanello (co-founder of Real Estech) for the Biomim’Expo, Cité des Sciences, Paris. 3 pm on October 23.
- Anniversary of WFEO and of ICE. The innovative artwork PYRAMIDION celebrate the engineers of the whole world during the Global Engineering Congress (GEC) with the 50th anniversary of the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO), UNESCO's partner, the Institution of Civil Engineers’ bicentenary year (ICE) and the UK Government’s Year of Engineering. The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the Canadian Society of Civil Engineers (CSCE), the European Council of Civil Engineers (ECCE) and the Commonwealth Engineers Council (CEC) are also partners of this event. ONE GREAT GEORGE STREET, 1 Great George St, Westminster, London SW1P 3AA Trinity Square, London, UK (Tube: Westminster). October 22-26. A best of here.
- Under the aegis of the foundation FACE, the event L'USINE EXTRAORDINAIRE will happen at Grand Palais. Some role models are invited to talk whose Marlène Schiappa (Secretary of State in the French Goverment), Aline Aubertin (President of French Women Engineers), Magali Anderson (International woman of the industry prize 2018 winner). Milène will give some lectures and TV keynotes:* Lecture "Innovative concretes for the Arts", on Nov 23, 1.45 pm, in the Agora Univers Inventer. * Lecture "Marrying Arts & technologies", on Nov 25 at 12.10 am, in the Agora Univers Partager. * TV keynote "Industry & Art: a career, some artworks", on Nov 25 at 11.28 am, on the TV stage in the Dôme. * TV interview "Milene Guermont, the magician of concrete", on Nov 25 at 2.40 pm, on the TV stage in the Dôme. Free entrance on inscription here. Grand Palais, Paris, FR. November 22-25. A best of here.
- Lecture « Sensibilization to SDGs thanks to art & Hi-tech » in the framework of the launch of the White Paper « Women, health and climate » for which Milène wrote a text. Introduction by Philippe Kunter (BPI), first speech by Yannick Glemarec (UN), ... conclusion by Marlène Schiappa (Secretary of State in the French Government). With the support of UNICEF and BPI France. 6-8 Bd Haussmann, 75008 Paris, FR. December, 4, 6 pm. Free entrance on inscription here.
- Keynote "The art and engineering of Milene Guermont", organized by ICE.Entrance on invitation (confirmation of registration and id card will be required). British Embassy, 35 Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, Paris, FR. January, 15, 2019.
- "SHE MAKES THE CITY" : lectures/debates with Valérie Flicoteaux (vice-president of CNOA), Laure Gombert (president of the UNEAP), Françoise N'Thepe (prize winner Woman Architect 2013), Amina Sellali (director of the Marne-la-Vallée school of architecture) ... and Milène, organized by the French Ordre des Architectes, Paris City and MEMO.Free Entrance, Maison de l'architecture IDF, 148 Fg St Martin, Paris, FR. Mach 14, 7pm, 2019.
Four recent portraits
TOUTE LA CULTURE